I constantly find myself in awe of my crazy talented group of friends.
All of my friends are not only insanely talented, smart, creative, and kind, but are also constantly looking for ways to lift each other up and support each other in their ventures.
One of my closest friends from high school, Bailey, is an incredible make up artist in Winnipeg. She's constantly collaborating with amazing other local talents, is heading to Tulum for a month to work out of a new salon there, and has many other insanely exciting projects on the go. Bailey is also one of the kindest, most caring, and beautiful people inside and out I know. Her heart is so huge, and she is always finding ways to make others feel good about themselves.
She was kind enough to come help me with a project, and I thought why not include her in my local love feature.
Q & A Sesh:
What are your two go to must have make up products that you use on a daily basis?:
- Benefit good proof brow pencip in shade 2 and Laura Mercier highlighter in indiscretion
What made you decide to start freelancing?
- I love doing make up, and the best advice I ever received was to find something you love to do and turn it into a career.
What is your skin care routine?
- Currently I'm using La Hendrix Range. First, I use the clinic toner, and then the La Hendrix youth serum, and finish off with the La Hendrix moisturizer, eye cream, and invigorating night gel. I also use coconut oil on my face and body every day.
Current get ready song?
- the new Party Next Door album
What would you say the most critical steps to building your brand are?
- Before you can begin to build a brand you need to figure out what your style is, and then you can build your brand around it. Be creative, style, collaborate with different friends, models, bloggers, or anyone that you can work with and create content with/for. Put in the work and developing your brand on social media is crucial for exposure as well.
Five things you always have in your purse?
- Blistex lip conditioner, coconut oil, highlighter, gum, and a water bottle
Who would you consider your biggest make up inspirations?
- Emma Chen & Patrick Ta
Who is your dream collab?
- The model Bella Lucia
You can find Bailey on Instagram at @baileydelbigio