For those of you who aren’t big on the holidays, maybe take a break from my blog until January.
One of my favourite things about the holidays are all of the different smells associated with it. The smell of a Christmas tree, cookies baking, even just that generic “Christmas” smell (you know what I mean).
I’ve seen the idea of festive “potpourri” around for years and have really wanted to try it. It was an easy and fast way to have my home smelling like the holidays in a matter of minutes.
What you will need:
- a bag of whole cranberries
- cinnamon sticks
- whole cloves
- rosemary (I did not use this for mine because I could not find it anywhere - anyone know where to find whole rosemary this time of year let a sista know)
- pour the desired about of cranberries into the bottom of a large pot on top of the stove. Add two cups of water.
- thinly (not super thin though) slice the orange into wedges and put into the pot with cloves, cinnamon sticks (I did four) and rosemary (if you can find some...)
- turn the heat to about a 4 to get things going. Once the potpourri heats up a bit and starts to smell, turn it down to about a 1 or minimum.
- leave going for desired about of time adding water here and there. Make sure you keep an eye on it stirring every little bit.
I kept mine going an entire afternoon, so really depending how long you want it on for add or subtract the amount of ingredients you use!
This is great before entertaining, or even if you’re just at home getting in the holiday spirit. Enjoy!